Design, Procure, Manage
Our up to date data and KPIs enable you to make the optimum decisions for your IT procurement.
IT sourcing delivers the right results if the strategy is professionally managed from the basic terms of reference through to practical implementation and optimisation. Metrics supports you in all stages of the sourcing lifecycle with up to date information and our extensive experience.
The sourcing strategy defines the framework for procuring IT services. Metrics supports organisations on tasks such as:
- Reviewing and defining the sourcing strategy for practical implementation
- Providing long-term IT support for corporate objectives
- Comparing strategic sourcing scenarios for minimising risk
- Complying with the regulatory and security-relevant framing conditions and group-defined specifications
- Market testing supplier proposals
Correctly implementing the sourcing strategy sets the direction for success. Our consultants have extensive experience in:
- Evaluating and managing the requirements of specialist departments
- Make-or-buy decisions, to define possible sourcing objects and business cases
- Analysing governance models with external or internal management from individual solutions through to multi-cloud
- Planning and designing IT services, using the Metrics Service Library (MSL) as a market comparison
- Shaping the retained organisation and service management processes for provider management with regard to scope and skills
IT Procurement (RFI/RFP)
Select sourcing relations
Together with our clients we develop a transparent access to the IT services market in order to put supply and demand in an economically reasonable relation. Metrics has proven frameworks and templates in place, uses standardised result types, and has a data lake of common market services, current prices, and leading practices in IT sourcing.
Discover how we can assist companies with their RFP management and contracting processes.
As a consultant and advisor, Metrics supports you in every project phase of a sourcing project. Our management and optimisation services include, for example:
- Market price benchmarks - including for current contracts, on a regular or ad hoc basis
- Planning and implementing transition to a service provider
- Process optimisation – for a clear definition of individual processes in order to avoid friction losses between client and IT provider
- Monitoring and reporting, using meaningful KPIs
- Innovation tactics to ensure that clients benefit long-term from new developments with your service providers
- Contract extension or in-sourcing/re-sourcing – the basis for taking decisions if sourcing needs to be re-thought or reversed
- Cloud orchestration/management – if IT services from multiple providers need to be coordinated for optimum results